Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Help Someone this Christmas Season

I am lucky to have many awesome friends here on Multiply. I feel like you guys are my family! When you celebrate, I celebrate; when you laugh, I laugh; when you hurt, then I hurt, too. The past two days, I have been hurting alongside one of my friends. I won't tell you who she is at this point, but I am asking if you can help me help her.

She is probably one of my longest online friends here- we were friends before Multiply and, I think if I get it right, on another site before I joined Yahoo 360. I've been through a lot with her, and has been a good and faithful friend along the way. She is not a complainer, whiner, or one to go on about herself, but now she is having to ask for help. She has no food in her house, and hasn't had the means to go grocery shopping in over a month. She is living with an abusive husband and, at this point, doesn't see a way out of the situation.

One of her biggest concerns is for Christmas presents for the children. I want to "adopt" one and I'm hoping some of my other online friends will want to as well. Here's the choices:

3 year old girl:
size 4 clothes and size 8 shoes
She loves Barbies, babies, Dora, Elmo, etc.

8 year old girl:
size 7 clothes and size 1 shoes
She loves Barbie, goth stuff, makeup, hair stuff- she's really girly

12 year old girl:
jr size 5 clothes (adult medium) and woman's 6 1/2 shoe.
She loves Criss Angel, music, makeup, hair stuff (would love a straightener) and is girly.

There's an older teen girl as well, but she didn't send me information for her. If you would like to help one of these children in any way, please let me know.

.I am working on getting her groceries through her local Angel Food site but she has an immediate need for them before the December delivery date. The other immediate need would be for some toiletries and things.  Actually, a Walmart card would be the best in any amount. If you feel led to do so, I can promise you that it will be put to good use by this family. Either reply here or pm me and I'll let you know where to send it.

If you are unable to help in either of these ways, would you pray for her? Or send her positive energy or light or good thoughts or whatever it is that means something to you? She is trying to get disability so she can get away from the controlling spouse, but she needs his insurance right now for her many medical problems. Pray that she can find a way out of this mess and on to a better life for her and her children.

Thanks for spreading some Christmas blessings to one of our own.

18 comments:

  1. Prayer and positive energy can go a long ways. There is a power in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending out prayers and positive energy for them.
    Also sending you a pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers are magical.... so I know she'll be able to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this blog open to everyone so if you have friends who you could sent it to, please do! She doesn't have any local support and I really want her to have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately my 4 year old daughter is still wearing her size 4 clothes but I just took several size 9 pair of shoes out of her closet since she has outgrown them. If she doesn't mind hand me downs I'll be more than happy to send them. Some of them are in excellent condition from tennis shoes to boots. I may even have some 8's, I'll have to dig in the older stuff to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could help with some of the things you have asked for them, but unfortunately we are having a really tight time right now. What I can do, is send their whole family prayers.

    Sent you a PM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your loving heart Janeen, I'll keep this in mind. XZXZ

    ReplyDelete
  8. I posted this on my blog, linking over here. It's open to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys! I'm amazed at the pm's from you all- I'm so thankful to have caring friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steve, the best way is to either get a Walmart card or a visa gift card. Any amount is fine. You can send it to me:

    Janeen Dishman
    3929 Wexford Lane
    Denver, NC 28037

    I'm going to ship them fedex- signature required- so I know she gets them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vikki, I'm sure she'll appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm already helping a family at the moment, I wish I could afford it, but I can send good vibrations her way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All my positive thoughts are on the way. Tell me how I can help more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greg,

    Several options for more help- one is get a Walmart card or Visa gift card for them- any amount. You can mail it to me and I'm going to fedex it to her so she has to sign for it.

    Or you can adopt one of the children and buy them several presents for Christmas.

    Just let me know what you feel led to do!
    Hugs,
    Janeen

    ReplyDelete