Monday, November 8, 2010

Day of Thanksgiving- Day 8- Good Food

This is the first night I have been at home since... well... I can't remember, but it was sometime the week before Halloween. With my crazy schedule, we have done a lot of eating out. There are some good restaurants around here, and I do so appreciate not having to cook all the time. But we've done too much eating on the run lately and it was time to make a good meal at home. I love to cook!

Tonight, I made one of my favorite meals-  bok choy, zucchini, onions, asparagus, celery, and carrots in a light sesame ginger sauce with dirty rice and a medium rare steak. Yummy!

I am thankful for food. I am thankful for the abundance of good food that is available, for the ability to cook, and for the means to provide it for my family. I realize much of the world is not this lucky.

4 comments: