Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day of Thanksgiving- Day 17- Comfort Food

I am an emotional eater. Food means a lot to me, especially in relation to how I feel. The last two days on antibiotics I have felt queasy. (That's one reason I hate taking them.) I haven't eaten enough yesterday or today. But today, I only ate things that made me feel good.

Let's see, breakfast was a country ham and egg biscuit. That's a splurge (calorie-wise, anyway) for me, but just what my tummy wanted to calm down a bit. I didn't really want lunch, but ended up eating some leftover Japanese chicken and veggies with soba (buckwheat) noodles. This was in a sesame garlic ginger sauce and was just right. Dinner tonight was a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of chicken noodle soup. Oh, and I ate a handful of M&M's this afternoon for a snack.

That's all my comfort foods in one day. In a day I needed them in, too. I'm thankful to be able to afford the food I want to eat, and I'm lucky to be in a country where food is readily available and plentiful.

6 comments:

  1. Boy, amen to that, Janeen! That is a serious reason to be thankful! And I hope your tummy feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kippy- it will. It just doesn't like the antibiotics. I need to make sure to eat some yogurt tomorrow and take some probiotics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love comfort food too. Im glad you had a day of it :) (mine is butterscotch pudding, warm)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez, if I ate all my favorite comfort foods in one day I would literally burst. lol
    Some of my comfort foods are just too expensive to eat regularly so I have less expensive foods to comfort me. Grilled cheese sandwiches is one of them, preferably with tomato soup. I try to keep dry milk, eggs, vanilla, etc on hand to make homemade puddings, vanilla or chocolate. I'm thankful I can at least afford to eat those. Not as good as homemade cheesecake with a sour cream topping but good enough. lol

    ReplyDelete