Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day of Thanksgiving- Day 20- IKEA

Yes, today I'm thankful for IKEA. They built a store in Charlotte a couple of years ago and I hadn't gone- until today. Savannah gave her kiddie bedroom furniture to my niece because it wasn't the right size for her anymore. I'm painting her room and got her new sheets and a comforter. But she had to have furniture.

You could get lost in IKEA. The place is huge! There is so much to look through that it is easy to get overwhelmed. But I made it through with a bed with storage drawers under it, a nightstand, a corner desk with a bookcase, and a chest for $600!! Of course, I have to put it all together (which I"ll probably pay the boys to do) but I couldn't believe how inexpensive it was. I want to go back and get some Christmas presents, too- they had everything from pots and pans to pillows!

12 comments:

  1. Ive never been there. Dont know of any near me here or where I lived before. I heard they were putting one in , in CA. but never saw anymore about it. And where I live now.........They just never build here.......sigh. Its always inland at least 1-2 hrs away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ABBA is the only thing from Sweden I like more than IKEA. I have one about five miles from my house. IKEA ...it is a where dreams get visualized and home furnishing purchased to make the dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up...I'd kill to get into an IKEA. The closest one to me is somewhere in Jersey, and I DON'T need furniture (therefore I can't go). What color is Savannah's new room? And take pictures of the furniture, bedding and anything else you did. (please) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, please take photos when you're finished decorating her room.
    I've never been to an Ikea either, only at their online site to 'window shop'. I love 'window shopping' online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to a Ikea. Do they make miniature furniture? (1:3 scale? lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, I didn't see mini furniture- but we skipped accessories altogether. Looks like they had everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could have spent a lot of money in there on me but 1) this wasn't my trip and 2) I don't have the money!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! When I finally get to visit you, PLEASE take me to IKEA? lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehehe so you've discovered IKEA. I used to get lost in IKEA when I lived in Thailand. Maybe we'll get one in Kathmandu next century.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, you and Kat come on down and I'll take you both!

    Dai, I could get lost in there easily. Lucky they have arrows pointing you which way to go!

    ReplyDelete