Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Clean Cabin Fever

I haven't been out of the house since 5pm Friday. The entire house is clean- top to bottom. Today I finished putting away laundry. I even matched every sock in the house. Well, ok, so I threw away all the socks that didn't have mates. But my sock basket is empty!

Savannah was at my mom's and my brother-in-law offered to go get her. He has 4WD and was probably looking for a good excuse to get out and drive. Of course, she is now at his house with my niece. They've already canceled school for tomorrow so that's really a good thing. I'll probably see if I can slide into work at some point.

I thought of Riete today when I went looking for salt to put at the entrance to the garage. All I could find was lavender bath salt! My driveway is at least going to smell good!

I even cleaned Savannah's room today. I mean CLEAN. As in went through all her drawers, threw a lot of things away, and dusted! I didn't realize that the last time her room was dusted had to be right before Lincoln took office! ICK! She was excited when I told her. She likes to have a clean room but she hates to clean it.

I think one more day and I'd really have cabin fever. As it is, it has been really lonely here this evening. I couldn't figure out what to have for supper. I pretty much snacked my way through this weekend. Tuna sandwiches, sausage biscuits, and hummus and crackers (I love red pepper hummus!) Anyway, I was watching Cake Boss on TLC and he was making pizza. I never eat pizza. But it looked good. So I made a homemade pizza with onions, red peppers, and hamburger. I also opened a bottle of wine that I had on hand. I don't drink much but tonight, pizza and red wine just seemed to be the perfect thing.

I am almost ready to head to bed- which has clean sheets on it! Yeah, I don't know if much around here isn't clean. Brandon's room, but then I'd need a haz mat suit to go in there!

13 comments:

  1. Psssssssssst.. You missed my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ both of you. I can't even get out of the garage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL @ Brandon's room. We made the boys clean their rooms today. You can walk around in there.

    Your pizza sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im like your daughter, I love a clean house, I just hate to do the work lol. Its been much easier in this house tho. The last one was so dusty, no matter what I did. Maybe you should take a day off to relax now since the place is really clean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My house is almost never spotless - but I like it tidy.

    I can't wait for the streets to clear so that I can GET OUT OF HERE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pizza and red wine is da bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, his father-in-law has been in the pizza business for 25 years and there was a bet as to who could make the best pizza. Ended up with the team being unable to decide- they liked them both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha Good idea. Last time it was icy I guess my front steps and sidewalk tasted good because I used Kosher Salt on them. The box of salt had been soaking up the steam from cooking and the high humidity in my kitchen so the box of damp salt was ready to deteriorate anyway.
    Next time you're in the mood to clean come help me. As usual I'm getting nowhere fast. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue! It is nice to see you post! I've seen you lurking so I knew you were ok, but its good to hear from you. I actually don't mind cleaning when I have the place all to myself and no one is coming behind me messing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss cleaning the house. Doug keeps everything so clean here, there is nothing to ever clean!

    ReplyDelete