Thursday, December 9, 2010

Days of December - Hope, Peace, Joy and Love- Day 9

I have been silent this week. I had a hard time finding hope, peace, joy or love much of anywhere. I'm tired- ok, I'm exhausted. And I'm fighting a cold and losing my voice and haven't felt like looking for the good in something. I just want to sleep.

We had our community chorus concerts on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. That's really what tired me out- and how I mostly lost my voice. Sunday I left home at 8:30am and got home at 9:30pm. Throw a church council meeting in there, too. Worked Monday and then sang in the concert. Took Tuesday and Wednesday off to try to do most of my shopping, and by the end of Tuesday (with the last concert) I had done all I could do. Wednesday was spent mostly sleeping.

I do feel a little better today. Went back to work, which was a crazy place! (Don't work for a church two weeks before Christmas- it is nuts!) And I'm tired again tonight. But I have HOPE! I am nearly done with my shopping and am almost ready to box up my ornaments and gifts to my friends out there, so that will be done. Two parties this weekend, which should be fun- if I don't decide to sleep instead!

So that's where I've been- needed a little PEACE for myself (showed myself some LOVE- bought some chocolate- thanks Eby!) and now I think I can go look for JOY again. After one more night's sleep!

8 comments:

  1. Ooooh! You've been BUSY! WOW! Seriously. WOW!

    I hope you 1. get your voice back and 2. get some needed rest and 3. have fun if you go to the Christmas parties.

    Your picture is going to be late as I won't have the scanner until after Christmas but I'm sending you something out Monday or Tuesday when I get to the post office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. that's sweet! You know I don't need anything- but I found some cool things for you, too. If and when I make it to the post office! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Yes, Wow!! I think you've been doing WAY too much!! But is sounds like your music and church are a labor of LOVE! I sure HOPE you feel better SOON! HUGS!!! Prayers for you too! I missed 2 days too! It's HARD working and blogging the same day!!! Well, for me it is!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. *nods head* I'm hoping to go either Monday or Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good to me. Now if we werent doing this blog theme this month, perhaps you wouldnt have found any of that to help you along :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get some rest, have fun at the parties and enjoy that chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm woefully behind but that's normal for me nowadays. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Janeen, we all need to retreat sometimes. I would go mental if I never had any private time to gather my thoughts and take some rest.

    ReplyDelete