Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Blame Bill....

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.
Okay, for those who have time, just copy and paste into a new survey 4 yourself :-)

Change all the answers so that they apply to you.
*.*.*.*.*.*.Have fun!*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both!.


2. Real tree or Artificial?  Artificial one. 

3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever I have time to- this year it was the week after Thanksgiving. I usually try for the day after Thanksgiving!

4. When do you take the tree down? Again, whenever I have time to- but usually always after New Year's!


5. Do you like eggnog? Not really- for the calories, I'd rather have other things.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I got an Atari when I was early in high school- must have been '82 or so- and I thought I was big time lucky!


7. Hardest person to buy for? My mom- she doesn't need anything, and if she wants it, she buys it for herself.

 
8. Easiest person to buy for? Savannah- she likes things like I do!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. I have a little cheap Walmart one and then someone gave me the Willow Tree one of Mary and Joseph and the Baby.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't remember a bad one really- the ex used to go for those gift baskets of soaps and things. Never really liked them - he didn't put any thought into it, plus I wondered if he thought I was smelly or something!


12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Santa Clause (at the moment anyway- it always changes!)


13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?  After Thanksgiving.

 
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No- I threatened to with my grandmother once- she never used anything you gave her and I told my mom I was going to dig out something I gave her a few years ago and give it to her again!

 
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's Life cereal party mix


16. Lights on the tree? Yes- all white ones

17. Favorite Christmas song? "Do You Hear What I Hear?"


18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel- across the street to mom's house!


19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? This year, it is a big bow.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning. We do a gift exchange with extended family on Christmas Eve.

 
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Crowded stores! Oh, and don't call me a Scrooge, but the Salvation Army bells are really annoying, too! 


23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Hmm.. this is hard, but I really like the ornaments the boys and I made the year I was pregnant with Savannah.


24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I like our Christmas Eve dinner which is all appetizers- shrimp, meatballs, etc!

9 comments:

  1. I usually participate in "getting to know you" type blogs, but I'll have to opt out of this one, as I don't celebrate Christmas because I'm Buddhist. Interesting answers though ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fine Blue- I remember Sam answering one last year (or the year before?) with all "I don't celebrate holidays" over and over again. It was pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, you can blame me for this one...lol I like the answer about the tree topper because its probably like our tree....a pretty blue bow at the top. I haven't really heard too many Salvation Army bells because Pat and I did alot of online shopping this year. So the only thing we really heard was the UPS driver knocking at the door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol... i'd like to do this, but most don't apply to me since i never put up decorations. they stay in a box, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What interesting answers! I'll try to get to do this on my site a little later this week! Thanks! I like lots of appetizers too! No need for a big meal, just lots of little ones! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to read this. I will put it in my blog too, but I can't answer all the questions because we don't celebrate Christmas with presents in my family. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your answers.... and it is a great part of getting to know to you... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's still cold in my house so I'm not taking the time to do this one. Post it again next spring. lol

    ReplyDelete