Sunday, December 12, 2010

Days of December - Hope, Peace, Joy and Love- Day 12

I've been in a real funk the past couple of weeks. Really, I've been so busy that I am exhausted. Starting to feel better, though, after a pretty easy weekend. I really want to learn to say NO! I told myself that I would, but it seems that I say yes to all these great things that I really want to do! So, the things I'd like to say no to I can't- like work, taking Savannah places, etc. and the things I want to do just pile up on top of that.

I got a FB message from an old high school friend today. He's been divorced a year and is still having a tough time of things, especially with the holidays looming. He really just needed to know that healing can happen- that things can get better and life does go on. And it really does! I realize that I'm at peace with that whole situation now. I have hope that one day someone awesome will come along. I can wait until they do- and find joy in the friends I have and the work that I do. I have plenty of love from family and friends. So I need to get rid of the funk. Things will calm down the closer we get to Christmas (seems all the parties and things were in the early part of the month) and I can get some rest. I also need to go to the gym tomorrow. Strange as it sounds, I need to work off some of the tiredness, finding some energy by expending some.  And get to work on losing this last 30 stubborn pounds! That would bring me lots and lots of joy!!

26 comments:

  1. I think thats the biggest problem this time of yr. We have so much to do that we get in a funk and dont want to. Over the years Ive learned to say no to things I really dont want to do.......like writing Christmas cards. I dont miss them and I dont think anyone else does. I talk to them on here or on the phone.

    I do wish there were some parties to go to tho! I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always a lot of hustle and bustle all month. It is very tiring. Look around at the blessings you have and you'll get out of that funk in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, well, well. I have been divorced for almost six years now, and re-married for almost three. My former wife, with whom I share a child and with whom I am on great terms (as good as can be expected), even predicted it after we had been divorced for a year. You and your friend will figure it out.

    And, Oh BTW.....my wife Janet is spectacular in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a few things that I'd like to say 'NO' to sometimes Janeen but it's very, very difficult

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know... why can't I say no to cleaning, cooking, laundry, grocery shopping....?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always in a funk. *shrugs*

    Let me know how to get out of it. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been trying that. Not working. I think I need to get out more. (And I'm stealing you and Kat to go with me.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. well in my case it's not those things but the things people ask me to do, like appointments, lunches and all those constant interruptions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was mentioning to Pat earlier this week that we needed some chocolate in this home. So after Mass we went to the store and she bought a huge bag of mini milky ways and snickers bars. I love that woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just think of what you would have missed if you didn't dive in.

    Your time of rest is about here. Do you get a break at Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  11. We get Monday and Tuesday after Christmas off. Might get Christmas Eve, depending. Usually, working for a church you don't get off Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your idea of Chocolate!! I try to prioritize and pace myself, but with asthma and the general busy of the season, it's HARD!!! Good friends and venting sure help!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hugs back, Karen. Chocolate fixes most things, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know it!! May not cure things, but it ALWAYS makes it better!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect! Somewhere warmer.... with the Muppets!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Life is always better when it's warm and there are Muppets!

    ReplyDelete