Saturday, June 14, 2008

Starting a New Group

If you had asked me last week if I wanted to start a group, I'd have said "why?" "for what?" or maybe just "no." I hadn't considered it- hadn't really thought that I had anything worth putting in a group. Until last Sunday- I was asked to participate in this new Bible study at my church. We were going to read the Bible in a year. Yeah, well, I'm 3/4 of the way through it this year already.  BUT this will be different. We will all read the same passages each day, pull out the verse(s) that spoke to us, write our obsertations of it, tell how it applies to our lives, and write a prayer. They're even getting us journals.

I don't like to write with a pen. I can't write as fast as I can type and it makes me a little crazy to have to write slower. So I thought I would do it in a blog, but I don't want my blog here to totally be about the Bible. Then on my last blog, several people were talking about a Bible Study group.... hmmmm... if I'm writing it anyway... and someone else can see it.... and benefit from it.... and add to it.... why not! So, welcome to Life Journal Bible Study group. I invited all my contacts- even those I knew weren't Christians, because you never know who might be interested. It is a private group- I don't want people passing through and being negative about what I'm doing, but if you want an invite I'll be happy to include you.

Thanks to Dave and Abby, too, who agreed to be admins. Since I really don't know what I'm doing, help is appreciated!

 

5 comments:

  1. This is something I've been looking for, an online Bible study group and Im glad and happy that you invited me to your group. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here to watch and absorb. Thanks Janeen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any time! Don't hesitate to invite anyone you think might be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate the invite. This will be the first dip of the toe for me on something of this nature, so be patient if I don't leap right in.

    ReplyDelete