Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Pictures to Words- Week 5


My Prayer

Send your light to warm me,

A ray of sun on my face.
Light up my world, caress the earth
And let me know of your love.

Bathe me in the light of you,
Majestic in all that you are;
Lend your light to my soul,
So that I might live for you.

For I am cold and hungry,
Alone in a world so dark,
I need your light to help me see,
To light my dreary path.

Lord, show me heaven
In your brightest sunbeam.
So that even in the dark,
I can remember the light.


This is my entry for "Pictures to Words- Week 5."

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful job Your last stanza says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. even in the dark, the Lord is watching over us. and we need not fear...
    this is a poem of gratefulness, hope and faith. love radiating... ",)

    http://rowe85.multiply.com/journal/item/36/PicturesToWords_Shine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job...show me heaven...yess...the Lord is there...in the light...awesome
    here is mine
    http://annie206.multiply.com/journal/item/154/Picture_to_Words_Week5

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant Poem. Beautifully worded. Thank you for sharing. Mine is at - http://jayaramanms.multiply.com/journal/item/188. Pl.see

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful, beseeching prose.

    mommadish saidLend your light to my soul,
    So that I might live for you.

    So quiet and eloquent. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even in my darkest hour I know that all things will come through HIS LIGHT.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...beautiful picture, beautiful words...thanks, Momma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww.... you guys are so sweet! I'm lucky to have great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful... and the photo compliments your words perfectly.

    ReplyDelete