Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Picture Perfect- Curves

~click the picture to see it larger~

This picture was taken in 2006 in Havana, Cuba. The government is relaxing its view on Protestantism and is allowing churches to re-open there. This is an old church that work teams are trying to restore. You can still see the curves where the old stained-glass windows used to be.

P I C T U R E  P E R F E C T

theme this week is

 

~ CURVES ~

 

This is week 3 of our 10 week competition

Each week Ten of The Best photo's will be selected by the host. On Saturday a poll will go up and you all get to vote for 24 hrs... for who you think was the best/most effective for that theme. The winner will be announced once the POLL closes.

 The one with the most votes (by you) will receive a special icon which they can proudly post on their site as Best PP Photographer in The World..for the rest of the competition

only ONE  picture please and it should be YOURS

 not off the internet, not a friends picture but your very own

No slide shows please, and no automatic music on the page

Then come back and post a comment on this page
so that everyone can link to your blog and see your pic.

61 comments:

  1. Brilliant take on the theme Curves. Thank you for sharing. My entry is at - http://jayaramanms.multiply.com/journal/item/191 showing the curved road at Tirupati, in India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great shot, Janeen! When did you go to Cuba?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops- I was wrong- this was 2 years ago! We did Montana last year! Boy time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dish, I wanna come live with you! (Sorry Dave. I loves ya but Dish has a cool church.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get the best of two worlds- I work for one church and attend another! So there is always cool stuff going on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *sigh* I'd love to hang out with you and lend a helping hand. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice picture. Would be interesting to see the restored Church.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too would love to see the restored version.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too! There is a group going back in November, so maybe someone can give us an update on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool. And so great that the church is being restored. TY for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that they are able to restore it to it's former beauty... nice shot for the theme

    http://trayne.multiply.com/journal/item/82/Picture_Perfect-Curves

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey I was in Cuba in 2006... was it YOU singing every nite from the pool side? hehehe.. great shot, I do hope they have kept the original stained glass pieces. Priceless !
    Click here for my ppf

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great shot.....very well done.
    Mines below,
    http://lighteningsun.multiply.com/journal/item/175/Picture_Perfect_-_Curves

    (Its come to my attention that some people might be offended by my entry this week so if you are easily offended then pls don't click the link...lol )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate to see beautiful old buildings in this kind of disrepair. I love the shadows and highlights!

    http://cherikeeusa.multiply.com/journal/item/92

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the windows, bet it will be beautiful when they're done remodeling!!!

    http://justyouraveragegirl.multiply.com/journal/item/7

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent - thanks for sharing this one - love that they are trying to restore it.
    Here's mine: "Curves" by the Thymekeeper

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like it was beautiful once. Hopefully it will again. Great curves! I am not in it this week.

    ReplyDelete