Monday, June 30, 2008

I feel like crap!

I know I don't usually come here to whine, but I need to whine today- so ignore me if you're tired of reading whiny blogs.

I woke up at 2am feeling like I could throw up - you know when you have that rock in your stomach, and it is cramping? Ick- go to the bathroom but couldn't thrown up, so I went back to bed but was too uncomfortable to sleep. So I finally get up my usual 6:30am and get ready for work. We're on a short week this week with the 4th on Friday, and my work has to get done no matter how many days off we have. Plus I had a 2:30 meeting with a guy flying into town- couldn't  reschedule. So I go to work, and they all tell me I look like crap. Good- I feel like crap. I did start to go home and take a nap and come back, but I was afraid I'd never make it back. So I stayed.

Then of course I get home and Scott comes over to measure for my patio and I walk outside and point and figure with him. Brandon comes in and wants to put our new office chair together- with the cordless drill. And now, I just dozed off an a telemarketer calls! Heck, I might as well just get up and whine!

Actually, I might feel a little better- although I have only eaten 3 eggo waffles and a rice cake today- and I don't want to think about supper. Guess I'll let the kids order a pizza tonight. Brandon has a softball game anyway.

10 comments:

  1. oh man....hope you get some rest soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love it when people tell you that you look like crap?

    Hope you feel better soon, Dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least that is better than when someone says "you don't look like you feel bad!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is because people tell you that whether you feel like crap or not! *giggle* runs and hides behind Dish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, that's brave...hide behind the sick person...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never claimed to be brave....besides..you don't want to get sick so you won't come after me! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just rarely sick- and mom's can't get sick- they still have to be a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah - that sucks doesn't it? LOL ... And, it is true. We don't live in a parent-friendly world to begin with, so you're always juggling. Being sick on top of that is hard. I remember when I was a single mom how I got the flu and then each of my kids came down with it. My boss wrote me up - told me that me being sick was one thing, but I should have hired someone else to take care of them when they were sick. Obviously, she never tried to take a puking kid to a babysitters ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, no. Mom's get sick. We just can't stay in bed to get over it. We go to work and get everyone else sick. We like to spread the germ wealth. It's what Moms do.

    I really hope you feel better. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's ok..whine. I guess my blogs are whiney? *I* feel as if I am merely sharing my life's daily twists and turns with y'all...whine huh? HAHA who cares?

    I am STILL like the walking dead, and taking meds, have an inhaler...all I need now is a wheelchair. That's a good idea tho---the guys at work would leave me alone if I showed up in a chair. If I talk,I cough. So I have no idea how this day is going to end up. It already feels like my head is going to explode and as I said at ZB's, I think I ruptured something. *whine*

    Sounds like a stomach virus with you tho. At least that's over and done in a day or so. I hope you're feeling better real soon! Mother's can't get sick. Yesterday, when Jonathan came downstairs, he didn't even act surprised I was home! No..."how are you?" "are you sick?" "can I get you something?" ahah. If I had been on the floor, he'd have stepped over me.

    ReplyDelete