Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Momma Can't Rap



Savannah gave me a lot of grief for singing her a song I made up today. Ok, so it isn't very original, but I thought it was funny. She said it was funny- because I can't rap.

Snow on the ground, snow on the ground,
It's 60 degrees and there's snow on the ground.
It won't stay around, no, not in this town,
'Cause it's 60 degrees and there's snow on the ground.

Ok, so maybe it was lame. It was warm today and most of the snow melted. There's still some in the shady places and where it was plowed into piles. Should all be gone tomorrow with highs in the 50's again. Oh, and then there's snow/sleet/freezing rain predicted for Friday night and Saturday. If you like all kinds of weather, come live in NC!

Not much else interesting today- I went to work, pumped the water off the pool cover, did my church thing, went to supper with some friends, and now I'm home. I guess when the highlight of your day is a silly song, it really hasn't been a bad day!

19 comments:

  1. Hahaha Tell Savannah I said "Yo, ya momma's a rapper, sweeeeeeeeeeeeet..." lol
    Sounds similar to our weird weather. Btw, nice song. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes uninteresting days are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting that eye-roll thing... she ain't buyin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought your song was cool. But, don't quit your job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great. Why is it I have the tune of "Pants on the Ground" running through my head as I read the words?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny!!!! You know she was singing it to herself later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kid was right.. that was lame!!! lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No ya can't see the grass for the snow on da ground,
    and you can see the dirt cause the snow is on da ground,
    Snow on the ground, snow on the ground,
    It's 60 degrees and there's snow on the ground.

    My kid thinks I'm silly and it's snowing in South Philly,
    my kid is laughing hard with snow fallin' in da yard
    Snow on the ground, snow on the ground,
    It's 60 degrees and there's snow on the ground.

    Snow on the ground, snow on the ground,
    No the snow won't stay in dis here town,
    and singin' dis song I feel like a clown,
    but I love my kid, with snow on da ground.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's fantastic Bill! You rap so much better than I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it. Reminded me of Pants on the Ground! haha. you can rap. Momma got it down.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can give you suggestions for songs to play that will really annoy her. My choice lately has been anything Daniel Amos put out, played from my iPod through the car stereo. I was foiled this morning because one of Alyssa's friends actually LIKED the music I was playing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I like it when their friends like it. Especially AFTER they've whined about it! Then I get to say "ha- see, I do have good taste!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL -- so true! Now my kids are huge fans of Earth, Wind & Fire after their friends liked one of their songs while I was playing it in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you need to do a Vlog of you rapping this tune. It would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You mean you're short on entertainment today, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, there is only so much Farmville one can play when they are off from work, so please....put on a hat and some shades and lets see what you got!

    ReplyDelete