Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Day

So Kippy and Kat and Sue all did this- and it was pretty cool! Here's my day today in mostly pictures.

I slept late-- 9am is 3 hours more than I normally get. Savannah woke me up hungry and I wasn't in the mood to figure out breakfast. It was really easy to let  her talk me into going down to Ab's grill. You can get bacon, eggs, grits, and toast for $2.99. What a deal! (And I ate most of it!)



Then, it was back to clean house. Monday is my niece's 8th birthday, so the plan today is to go to lunch and have everyone back here for cake and presents. This place is a wreck! Luckily, I have a cool girl and she didn't even whine at being asked to clean. Here she is unloading the dishwasher:
\
She got the easy job- I had to tackle the laundry room!


It was a mess, especially because the shoe rack broke and half of the shoes ended up all over the room. When I get done, we'll have a nice new rack.


Then it was time to meet the family for lunch. This is my mother and my brother. He has two kids and we also met my sister and  her two kids.


Then it was back to my house for presents. Here's mom again in my kitchen:
 
Here's my niece opening her presents- well, mostly watching my autistic nephew open her presents. She's really good with him, and doesn't mind when he does things like this.


Brandon came through, telling me he needs to leave his truck here so it can have some work done on it. So, I took him back to college. Here he is unloading the back of my car:


Finally, it is back home to finish cleaning in the laundry. But look at it now!


And I finally got on the computer tonight, and Susan asked if I had anything in the mail- I forgot to check the mail! Here is my birthday present from her- "George II The Scary Cat." I love you Susan- this is so neat!


And that was my day! Whew- I'm going to watch TV for a little bit. I've been totally lame on my Bible study this week. I've missed more than I've done, which is very unlike me! I don't know if I'll get today's done or not. Hopefully I'll be back on track tomorrow! Y'all have a good night!

28 comments:

  1. Gosh you were busy today! I can see why you're so tired! I'd be tired, too! I'll have to do a "day in photos" sometime.

    Have a good night and get some rest! I'm glad you like George! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a good day- and a long one! In there, I also checked on Scott twice (who has the flu, so no pictures of him today!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Scott feels better! Having the flu is, well, blah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, and that seems to happen about the time we get a day to do something together. I have Monday off, and he's not going to feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's usually how it happens, too. Bring him some chicken soup?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was great Janeen! You have such a nice house and family!! And...I LOVE George the cat. That is priceless. I never think of cool things like that LOL.

    I wish I had a laundry room to mess up. The washer/dryer is in the kitchen behind folding doors, so my laundry room is usually piled right in front of the back door. This house is rather like living in an old apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also like your kitchen...and the color of the walls in the laundry room. Imagine...curtains in a laundry room. I covet your laundry room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My laundry room used to be the dining room. We never used it, so I had a guy come in and add a washer/dryer connection. We use it a lot more now! I like it- the laundry used to be in the basement. I hated doing laundry. Now it isn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He wanted me to return his redbox movie and get him some more. Then I was going to come back and make him something to eat- he hasn't had an appetite. I did the movie thing while I took Brandon back to college. When I got back he was sound asleep. That was about 6:30pm and he just now woke up. So he'll have to make himself something. I'll check on him in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your home. I don't blame you for wanting your laundry room upstairs. You'll really love it being there when the aches and pains of old age arrive.
    Wow, you had a great day. It's great you're close with your family.
    Love George II too. What a sweet gift. Hope Scott feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mine is in a dungeon, ie: the basement. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had a pretty good day. I am glad you enjoyed it.
    GOD bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man you get alot done quick! Your
    house is so pretty too! Grits Mmm
    my Son made me some last night lol....

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love grits. We end up having them for breakfast 3-4 days a week.

    And I like green- we have lots of green walls! Believe it or not, Brandon picked out the laundry room color. The boy has good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know me, Im a Yankee boy from the North...what in the world are grits anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL @ Bill- I'm going to send you some for Christmas! Ground corn that turns out a lot like Cream of Wheat, only better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to start bible study again. Congrats on the laundry room. Looks like a good day. Productive and family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just read some comments and now know what grits are Janeen. Ground corn. Is that the same thing as cornflower ?

    ReplyDelete
  19. No Dai- cornflour is mealy and this cooks up nice and creamy if you do it right! I may have to send you some, too, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry about this Janeen but what means mealy ?

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is the same as oats because I eat them fairly often ?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Like gritty- where you can still feel each grain.

    ReplyDelete
  23. No, it is more like farina, if you've ever had that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. HOLY TOLEDO BATWOMAN!!!!! What a full and active life you lead!!! Phew.. tuckered me out!! Looks like loads of fun.. except for the laundry.. wanna borrow my little guys?? They're slow sometimes.. but.. they rarely lose socks.. a few.. here and there.. but, that's it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Farina? I am not doing very well today am I ?

    ReplyDelete
  26. fun fun ! i wanted to do this and i did take pix friday but have been unsuccessful downloading them so far. too many other things ! wow you did a lot of clean up there

    ReplyDelete