Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Great Christmas Ornament Exchange

Christmas Tree Cat ornament Pictures, Images and Photos

Abby and I thought about this last year and just couldn't get the oomph to actually do it! Now there's a whole passle of people who think that we should exchange Christmas ornaments as gifts this year. This is neat- because it could end up being a pretty inexpensive way to let our Multiply friends know we care.

The rules, as far as I can see it, are this:
1- If you want in on the exchange, send me a pm with your address by October 15. I'll make a blog, only open to those who want to participate, of all the addresses.
2- Include your religious preference and size ornament (whether you have a table-top tree and want smaller items or a large tree and prefer bigger ornaments.)
3- Make, buy, or "recycle" an ornament for everyone who is participating. You can get creative and decoupage, crochet, or hot glue; buy identical ones for everyone or handpick based on the individuals; or choose some from your own stash that you no longer use or just want to share.
4- When you're ready, just mail them out!

I hope you'll all participate- I think it is going to be great to see what we get!

Happy Christmas Ornament Exchanging!

18 comments:

  1. You've covered all the bases. Getting ready to PM you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I had 3 years of French! I even spelled it right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture. You did this very well. You already know my address, but I'll send it again when you're ready. I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont know if my wife would give me that many Christmas bulbs

    she wouldn't let me have some a few years back to target practice. I will have to check with her and see. Then I will get back with you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture- so many of my friends are cat lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, sorry to barge in, but I hadn't heard anything else, so I thought I would come by to see if there was an update on the GCOE, lol. I'll await your pm to see who I get (?). Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. <<< Not really cat lover, but cat tolarater, two here in the house.Granted they are fun to watch at time. They are critters just like the wife's chi-woo-woo. -->

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cat in the tree, looks like our older cat. And he would do something like that, if I wasn't around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Which is why I don't have a cat in the house! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He can not go outside, no front claws. He is 6 years old, another few years and he is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You hope... I have a 14 year old dog who will never die... of course, that's probably because he is so annoying- incontinent, blind- that I am ready for him to go!

    ReplyDelete