Tuesday, January 15, 2008

If you could change one thing....

It seems like we're all doing a lot of looking at our lives this week for some reason. Our addictions, our stresses, our hurts and pains. I know Luke's death has been hard on my family, and the teens have done a lot of looking at their own actions, too. I've done some questioning of my own parenting, and some of the choices I have made in life. However, I've come to one conclusion- I wouldn't change a thing.

Sure, I'd love to be thinner, richer, smarter... but who wouldn't? I could say that I wish I had chosen a better husband (and I do sometimes) but I wouldn't have these three wonderful children. I could wish I had a job that paid more, but I have a job that I'm excited to go to every day, and that is worth more than money. I wish I had someone just to hold me and love me... but then that would mean compromises and adjustments, too.

So in looking around, I can honestly say that I'm happy- and I wouldn't change a thing!

12 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you say that Momma!

    cause if Momma ain't happy, then nobody is happy!! :) *bu-dum-bump* sorry I sooo could not resist!

    Reflection is good, knowing you are doing the best with what life you had and have is great and being happy despite it all is the best!! Yeah we have good and bad days, ups and downs but it is the overall big picture feeling that is important!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to think on this one a little. Because I think I would have moved a few things around to still have the kids, and the things that were good in the end. But the getting there...THAT I would have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll notice I used italics like an html pro!! *bows*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should have gone to an engineering school to use my math skills but then I wouldn't have my liberal arts education (which I appreciate more as I get older). And maybe a different spouse choice but then I'm glad I met the mother of my two kids. Or more importantly, my two kids.

    Butterfly effect: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Butterfly_Effect

    I wouldn't change anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right Rob- you change one thing and the changes ripple out to affect everything else. I look back and see what I might change, and the affects it would have on the way things are now. And I'm not bad off! I know I could have done things differently, but then I wouldn't be here, and here is not a bad place! Not that I'm not open to changes- you have to have them to grow, and every decision, big or small, causes some. I do hope I fall in love and marry again someday, but I'm ok with the way things are now, for now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won't change anything but I would like to learn how to dance, properly. Not ballroom dancing but cutting the rug, lindy style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can always make some improvements, too- I still have these last 20 lbs to lose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lose weight? I'm now eating and I'm still losing weight. Riddle me that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I"m the same as you. I wouldn't change a thing. Everything I've gone through has made me the person I am today.
    When I decided to live for what I have and not for what I don't have things came easier.
    Everything good and bad has happened for a reason. Reasons I didn't always understand at that time. But later did.

    Thank you for posting this. So many wish they could change things when what they need to do is reflect on what they do have and how things they've been through have made them into who they are today.

    I hope your having a wonderful week.
    Huggles,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete