Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Eulogies cont.... the Hunter, BBQ, and Baron, Bill, Blue

Arkie is unique to me- you love to joke around, but down inside is someone caring and fun. Maybe one day you'll be able to come over and clean my pool for real. Don't worry, I know you'll like it. I might even let you swim afterward!

Jamie, I haven't had the chance to get to know you well. You seem to be somewhat like me, and post only when the mood strikes. I guess that makes it harder for us to connect, but considering who our mutual friends are, I think I'd like you a lot!

And ZB- this is the hardest eulogy yet. I probably should have just culled you from the list, but I can't cut that last tie. I know you haven't been here for forever and have moved on in life, but just seeing the Baron on my list helps me remember the good times- the move here from 360 and how you made it much easier for us refugees, the parties by the pool, the costume parties, and just general fun that we all had being around you. I miss you and wish you well!

Bill, I love that you call me Jan (just because you can't remember the rest!) Thank you for suggesting we do the ornament exchange again this year. I know you have had a harder year but no one could tell it from your posts. You're amazing to take another chance on love. Pat is a lucky girl!

Blue, I'd love to sit down with you for about a week and just talk. You have been so many places and know so much. The spirituality that you have shows in every word you say. The shamanic work and your Native American culture makes you earthy and genuine and connected to the earth in a deep way. I'm envious of that.




9 comments:

  1. :) Very much enjoying reading these, Janeen. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were on Yahoo 360 ? - I was never a big participant on that but that's the roots of many of us here.

    I'm very much like your Jamie and only post when the mood strikes. I wonder if you knew or know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are awesome!!! there are many here from 360 that I never knew there as well. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know BBQ well either. I guess at first I got to know her, and you, mainly through the comments you both would leave on Kat and Jen's pages back in the 360 days and on Multiply.
    And I feel the same as you do about Blue. I've learned a lot of interesting stuff from reading her posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the idea Kippy!

    I was, Patrick! I believe Multiply has to thank Yahoo for screwing things up and sending so many people over here! And yes, I know you don't post enough! Ha!

    Thanks Dave!

    I'm glad you've been here more lately Sue. Commenting sure helps us get to know each other, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I've been around more because it warmed up and my house isn't as frigid as it was, which in turn improved my mood and brought me out of hibernation. Didn't see my shadow though so I'll probably be hibernating some more before the winter is over. lol
    The snowy scene on your page looks the way my neighborhood did this afternoon. Heavy wet snow and boy was it a pain in the back to shovel. Glad we didn't get a really deep snow this time. It stopped snowing around 4pm. I was sooooo glad. Saturday will be the rescheduled pickup of the Angel Food and I sure don't want to be snowed in and miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww thank you for the lovely comments Jan. Yes the ornament exchange was a blast and I hope that we can make it an annual thing. Pat is well on the road to recovery and this year is gonna be hugely better than last.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why thank you, what a lovely thing to say! We all have our talents, our areas of knowledge and interest, so what area one person may have a little knowledge in, is balanced by someones else's area of knowledge, so we can all help "row the boat" together, lol ~

    ReplyDelete