Thursday, March 13, 2008

Picture Perfect: Empty



I haven't gotten in on many of these weekly pictures, but I knew what picture I wanted to use the first time I saw this title. This is the chapel at the church I work for. Pretty place, expecially with the afternoon sun coming in like that. But without the people, it is empty. Most people have the wrong idea about church- you say something about a church, and they automatically picture a building. And some church buildings are beautiful- but no matter what, without the people they are nothing.

Taking this one step further, this is like my life without Christ in it. I can have the best body (which I don't, but that's not what we're talking about) and the best job and live in the best house, but without Christ in my life I am as empty as this building. It might look nice from the outside, but once you're in there, you realize it is pretty, but not fulfilling!

25 comments:

  1. Nice job, Momma....love your description, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Empty church. Beautifully captured. Thanks for sharing. Please visit my Picture perfect entry for this week at http://jayaramanms.multiply.com/journal/item/87 and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice blog entry. And I fully agree with you without Christ, we are as empty as that chapel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how empty life can be without love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by. May you never be "empty".

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a nice picture. Very balanced. I still have to locate this Picture Perfect place...

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice....and I agree wholeheartedly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Empty Church


    Monday, I woke up all empty where have you gone
    Tuesday, I woke up to not a sound empty and alone
    Wednesday, You stopped to vist and I felt so loved
    Thursday, I I looked for you from my tower above.
    Friday, have you forgotten me you said you were mine
    Saturday, maybe tomorrow our hearts together I’ll find.
    Sunday, Would you all stand with me in today’s opening prayer
    Signed with love, the church.
    03/15/08
    jgh

    nice shot of a lovely sanctuary, empty, not for long.jgh
    jgaryhillstudio “Empty”(click me)
    The Ones That Didn’t Make It “Empty”(click me)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the Empty theme. Nice PP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice take, looks like it is just waiting in anticipation of the people who will come.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photo of the empty church waiting to be filled up with people !!!

    Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete