Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Entry for February 15, 2007

Ok, that's it, I am having a yard sale. I am in one of those moods where I could get rid of everything in the house! I'm tired of picking all this stuff up out of the floor anyway! Why do we accumulate all this junk? I noticed today where there is another storage facility opening in our town (like the 8 that we already have aren't enough?) Now we can have "climate control" storage, so our stuff isn't ruined while we're not using it! And they even have these big boxes that they'll bring to your house and you can fill them up, then they'll take them away and store them in some gigantic warehouse until you're ready for them again (honey, do you know what I did with that singing Billy Bass?)

I know that some people are in-between houses, living in apartments and these storage places are good things for them. But can there really be that many people with that much junk? There are way more mini-warehouse bins in town than apartments! A cousin of mine owns a mini-storage in town, and about once a year he has a cleaning-out sale (where people who haven't paid their rent get their junk sold!) So my question is, why did they store it to begin with? Why not have a yard sale? Or give it to the local Goodwill or Salvation Army and let them put it to some good use?

What do we hang on to this stuff for, anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment