Saturday, October 8, 2011

My New Business

I really need to earn some extra money. I'm going to need another car next year when Savannah gets her license and that will mean a car payment and more insurance (way more insurance!) I've been thinking about things I could do to earn more money for about a year but working 40 hours a week plus keeping up with the kids doesn't leave me a lot of free time.

I went to a Thirty-One party the other night. I love their stuff! I have several things of theirs and it is good quality, affordable, and stylish! The consultant
there asked me if I had thought of becoming a consultant, since I liked the product so much. *ding* It was like a light bulb came on! Of course, a good way to earn a little extra with a flexible schedule. So I signed up!

My first party will be October 24. So say a little prayer that the people who come want to have a part
y of their own! That's how it gets going. Also, you can have an online party- no food needed, no cleaning your house, etc. As a hostess, if your guests collectively spend over $200 total then you get one item at half price and $25 worth of free stuff! And the rewards just go up from there. So think about all those people who might like Christmas gifts, and might help you get some free Christmas gifts!

You can go to my website to check out more!

25 comments:

  1. I hope this turns out well for you J . . . Of course, I have no doubt that no matter how well this raft floats, you won't sink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finding something that you like! I sold avon for over 23 years....it was hard work, and didn't really show a profit for some time.... I'll bet this is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks interesting. My Avon lady is all online now. Thank goodness...if I had people knocking on my door I'd have to drop them. So when I order, I put her code in and she gets her percentage.

    I'll look at the site!! But no parties for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Katherine! I'm sure it can float, we'll just see if there's a current to take it anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mo- hopefully it is. There isn't much outlay for it so you're not stuck with a lot of product. Mostly people special-order.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoot, and I was hoping you'd have me over for a party! LOL! Actually, I thought of you when I wrote that. I know you like to do things online. Seems to be the way of the future... or maybe the present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This link didn't take me anywhere....it must be too early in the morning for me....

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, YOU can come over for a party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, it was Multiply doing something screwy. (Imagine that!) Try it now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it says blog not found. Must be the new and improved thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this link worked...but the one in the blog took me nowhere. odd.

    ReplyDelete
  12. An entrepreneur! Nice. What's the margins on these products? or do you just get the Free Gifts?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that idea! Good thinking!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea!! Nice products too!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic idea Jan. A few of my friends still do the Avon thing on the side as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The link in the blog worked for me, so either Multiply fixed it or you did, lol. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do you qualify for this job? You're certainly not 31.

    ReplyDelete
  18. No, but I might be in a couple of years! *wink*

    ReplyDelete