Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Peaceful Ten Thought Tuesday

1. I don't know if I'm really peaceful- I have spent the day Christmas shopping. But most of it is done, so that will add some more peace to my life!

2. I had an unexpected treat last night. Scott's ministry candidacy has to be voted on by several groups and he asked me to come with him last night to one of them. I wasn't prepared for a full-blown worship service- with communion! But I was so happy, because I had missed communion on Sunday. God is so good!!

3. My mom and I get along great! I have her presents to wrap and she has mine! (I got the better end of that deal!)

4. I bought a new rug for the living room yesterday- Merry Christmas to me! The old one was shot, and I happened to be at Linens 'n Things at their 70% off sale... who could resist?

5. I brought Madi inside last night because it was cold. Actually I do that most every night. But last night she wanted to be a lap dog- all 45 lbs of her! She is so sweet and loving!

6. I should tell Scott how much love he has brought into my life- at least through his dog!

7. Savannah made a very mature decision yesterday- she quit the school basketball team. Her grades were slipping and she knows it is because she wasn't getting home from school until after 7pm every night. The AD told her he was proud of her for putting her grades first.

8. Brandon and his ex-girlfriend have finally made peace and decided to be friends. This is a very good thing, especially since he is in such a small school. (He's a senior-- there are less than 40 kids in his graduating class!)

9. I have community chorus dress rehearsal tonight for our concerts this weekend. I'd rather sleep- I feel like I'm getting a cold, which is the last thing I need if I'm going to sing all weekend.

10. I am so pleased and proud to have Scott in my life! He is truly a blessing to me and my family, and that gives me peace!





4 comments:

  1. Dish, I am so happy that Scott is in your life too...I am very sure you are as much of a blessing to him as he is to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you said that Linen n things is going out of business right? Time to head for the mall...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just great, Dish. I'm really glad that you're happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice list. I wonder what I am going to come up with...

    ReplyDelete