Friday, November 2, 2007

Ode to Saturday

Why were you so long in coming?
All the work this week is done.
Proofs are done, copies made,
Folded, filed, completely won.

I've counted the days until you came
Rising over the week long hill,
I've waited and planned, forward looked,
And now you're here - and I am thrilled!

What dreams come true this day, this week
As long you stretch before me?
What goals to set, what aims achieve
With you, in all your glory?

Alas, I wile away the time
Looking longer, still ahead,
For 'tis only two sleeps before I find
Monday staring at me instead.

Kat's blog actually inspired this- I seem to spend so much time waiting for another day to get here that I forget to enjoy the day that I waited on!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, did I write that in your head??? lmao...exactly! I woke up today at 7:10...peered at the clock and thought "shit, I wanted to sleep till 8" (never happy) then started to feel that rushed thing I get on weekdays (gotta feed the dog, give her a shot, make my lunch, check my email, hope my tire isnt flat...on and on) only it was rushing to be relaxed..."gotta make coffee...allot 1 hour to online, nono...gotta do the dog thing first, THEN online...then the kitchen, then the grocery store...then then then" AHHHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete