Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Not Blogging Enough!

Ok so SOMEONE told me I wasn't updating this thing enough! So I'm updating and it is time for the rest of you to also!! LOL! I've been thinking back to when I was a teacher (early 90's) and I was learning to use an old Apple computer with the big floppy disks. It wasn't much fun- just a way to record grades that made the school people happy. It wasn't until about 1999 that I actually used a computer on any sort of consistent basis. In that time it has become something I cannot live without! I couldn't balance my checkbook, pay bills, or talk to my friends without it!

At 40 years old I never thought I'd have "online friends"- that seemed to be reserved for the younger crowd- but I have to say that some of my best friends come to me every day through this incredible technology! I don't know what I'd do without the affirming comments, the advice, the laughs, and the fun that I have with you all each day. I know I don't tell you all this enough, but I truly love you as much as if I could actually see you every day.

Leah, you inspire me to be a better person. To see all you have accomplished, all you are, and how you're still there for others makes me thankful to call you a friend. We'll make it through the end of our marriages one way or another- and I'm glad we're doing this together.

Dave, you are my hope. I know that if you approve of something I do or say then it was the right thing. You give me such smart advice and are able to see my problems sometimes better than I can. Thank you for always looking out for me!

Brosia, no matter what life brings you, you bounce back with beauty and grace. You're showing me that I can be my own person- look at you starting your own business and still caring for the kids and trying so hard to add another one! I don't know where you get your energy some days! Thanks for sharing that enthusiasm for life with the rest of us.

Jewel, I pray for you every day. Only God knows how you keep on going with all that is happening in your life, and you do it without complaining and griping- just get in there and get it done. I don't think I have ever met anyone as determined and loving as you. You'd do anything for your family and they are so lucky to have you! And I'm lucky to be able to call you a friend!

Jamie- I think somehow you're going to get me through these next 10 weeks just by blogging- you have a way with words that makes a story come alive! I know that I will come away from one of your blogs with a smile on my face- even the ones that the stories are bad come to life with wit and humor. Thanks for always being able to laugh at adversity!

Melinda- it is a pleasure to see you grow- from someone a little insecure to someone who is taking charge of her life! I hope school is awesome for you and that you find that something in your life that you think is missing! Please continue to share your dreams- they seem to turn in to my dreams too, and I hope we reach them all!

Jules- (seems like you should be closer to the top of the list!) I really am so glad that you are still in my life! With all the rough patches I know it would have been easy to lose touch. Thank you for always being there, for keeping me on track when I start to wander off, and for being so dogged determined to win that you carry the rest of us along with you.

Tommy- I don't know where you've disappeared to the last month, but I miss you! You have a way of making me feel beautiful! I know it is simple fun, but it is fun! Come back soon!

Ryan- I don't know you very well but if you've been as busy as Leah, you don't have time to be here either! Hope you get back to posting soon, because you seem like someone I should know a little better!

OK- now it is all your turns to blog- because if I'm not blogging enough, neither are you! (with the possible exception of Jamie who out-blogs us all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment