Wednesday, May 2, 2007

In Memory of Ginger

Ginger Rogers was a beautiful woman with a beautiful family. I always thought they should be the model family in the picture frame that you bought. Sure, like every family, there were challenges in her life, but she met them with grace, beauty, and a dazzling smile. I recently had a chance to get re-aquainted with her after her son transferred to the school my children are attending. She was glad that these boys, who played baseball together in elementary school, could be friends again. She was looking forward to having her 13 year old there next year (the 2nd grader they adopted a couple of years ago was already in, too.) We joked about all the free time she was going to have.

No one really knows what happened yesterday- heart attack, aneurism... to this 44 year old beautiful Christian lady. But I know our world is a little poorer at the loss of her smile, her friendship, and her glow. And I know that it will take years before the gaping hole in their family is patched, but I know we will meet Ginger again someday in heaven. Please pray for Rem, the boys, and Rosie at the loss of their wife and mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment