Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I'm really doing it!

Ok, so you'd think after 15 months of my healthy eating/living plan I'd have learned by now. Most of this is such a habit that I don't have to think about water, food, exercise- I just do it! But I think I'm just beginning to see the results. My 16 year old looked at me strange the other day and said "what is wrong with your leg?" He was seeing the muscles stick out! (Guess that is weird for me, huh?)

Well, I was at a friend's house on Sunday and she said "look at your legs- they're so in shape I'm jealous!" Well, let me tell you, it has been so long since anyone was jealous of me that I didn't know what to say! I do feel better about me- I have more energy (on most days, anyway) and can do the things I want without being totally winded. I still am not as conditioned as I'd like to be, but I think I just might be too lazy to make it all the way there!

Funny part is, I have only lost a pound in the past 3 months, but I'm getting more comments that ever before. I can actually see my belly button, too! It has been hiding for so long that I know seeing it means real progress!!

Thanks to all of you who have been there through all these past 15 months- and don't think this is anywhere near the end- only a realization that there is a light at the end of this tunnel- and at the end of this tunnel is the beginning of another one- so I'm going to need you all for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment