Sunday, May 20, 2007

One Month Left

I've never been on a mission trip before- unless you count going to the nursing home with some 3rd graders (which is a mission, but not necessarily a trip!) There is one month left before Savannah and I head to Montana- to the poorest area of the USA. 85% unemployment. 10% literacy. Homelessness, alcoholism, desperation.... I'll admit I don't even know what those look like. Oh yeah, I've eaten Oodles of Noodles until the next paycheck before, but there's always been a next paycheck. I truly don't know what to expect or what we will find. How can I bring hope to people so low? What can any of us do to help a people that have been so poorly treated?

Please pray for our whole team as we go into this new experience. There are 42 of us going, and 16 are children. I hope that Savannah and her friends come away with a new appreciation for all that they have and a new passion for helping those who have less. And pray for all those who are planning what we're going to do when we get there, that we have the supplies we need and are able to really make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment