Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Not a Perfect World- and that is OK!

Someone pointed out a great truth in Bible study the other night. Seems like everyone had a complaint about things that weren't right- with our lives, with our families, with the world. Then we were reminded that Jesus came to earth to save us from our sins. He didn't come to make the world a more perfect place. In fact, He didn't even try. He did say, from the cross, "it is finished." Meaning He had accomplished what He was here to do.

It does make me feel good that if Jesus didn't try to perfect the world, I am doing nothing wrong when I can't make things perfect. Why should I try to accomplish something that He didn't really attempt? He did attempt to show the world who He is, what He wants us to do, and how to live. I will focus more on living as He taught us to and not trying to make everything perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment