Sunday, March 18, 2007

Do the Right Thing

How hard is it to do the right thing? Must be pretty difficult for some people! I read Melinda's blog where four guys ran over someone in their car, got out to see what they did, then drove off. I see people every day who got mad at their boss and quit, then can't find another job. They come in begging for food, gas money, etc. Then there's my own dh, who took 4 days off work this week and just laid around instead of coming to watch his children play sports.

But the kicker was today - my middle son came in spitting blood out of his mouth, and I, of course, wanted to see what was wrong. But all I get is fussing because I'm supposed to be helping him with the taxes. Well excuse me, but taxes can wait for 5 minutes while I see if the kid is ok. AAAAUGH!!

I feel like I am the only mature one around here, and any time I mention something that needs to be done, I should just "lighten up." I think I'm getting ready to lose 200 lbs! Someone tell me I'm not crazy- that it isn't fine just to do what you feel like and ignore other people who need you. I think I need to hear that right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment