Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Entry for March 14, 2007

OK, it is me again, looking for prayers and guidance. They just told me today at the church that they're probably going to expand my job this summer. We're starting a children's worship service, and since I'm children's choir director that position will oversee the planning of this worship. Which is so cool, because it is something I believe we really need and something I'd love to be a part of.

Problem is, I'd probably have to quit my other job (the one where I make money, and have insurance!) in order to do this one. I don't know if the new job would pay well enough to allow me to do that, or if stepping out in faith, since I feel a call to do this, is a risk I can put my family through. Please pray that I can discern God's will in all of this- what He wants me to do, and not what I want to do. And if it is the right thing, that it be worth it to my family that the benefits and pay work themselves out.

The preacher did say that they had not set the job description for this new position, but he encouraged me to apply. I won't have this job come summer, or I'll have a different job come summer no matter which way it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment