Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'm back- and thanks for the birthday wishes

I'm too tired to write much- or pull the pictures off the camera. I didn't take too many just because I was enjoying myself.

We got to Virginia about 8:30pm on Friday night and set up camp in the dark. Only Scott's friend Kelly went with us, because it was going to be in the low 30's and his wife didn't want to take their kids. So the 4 of us had a blast. Savannah went to bed pretty early and the grownups sat around the fire. I have no idea what time we went to bed- but it was hours past midnight.

It was cold! Very cold! But I had my little personal warmer, and she kept me from freezing all night. We got up and got packed up, had breakfast, and went to ride the Creeper trail. I'll tell you more about that later- 17 miles of biking through the woods, stopping to play in the creek several times along the way.

We stopped at a little town called Shatley Springs, NC on the way home. They make the best family-style dinners there of anywhere you've ever eaten. So we ate too much and were so happy. Made it home by 11pm last night.

Up as normal for church this morning. My 18 year old was baptized, and we had a combination birthday party/baptism celebration afterward. Fed about 30 people. So I'm tired- had a nap just now, and I think I'll go take another one! LOL! I'll give you more details later, let's just say it was a wonderful birthday!

8 comments:

  1. I didn't wish you a happy birthday; I told you to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I miss your birthday!!!??

    Well, dishie.. I'm so glad you've been having a great time... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time camping and at Church today. Its always great to see one of your own youngsters being baptized. Too cool. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Momma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys. I couldn't ask for more than seeing him be baptized- it was really a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah! sounds like a good time. It was very cold up here this weekend. If I had a decent car I would have met you there (depending on where in VA) but I don't...and am still sick. So I guess none of that would have happened LMAO.

    Great about the baptism. Like icing on your birthday cake. Hugs. and Happy Birthday again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a great time!!!

    Now... details!!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete