Saturday, May 24, 2008

Stolen from Dave and Abby

Ok, it is another question blog. You'd think I would get tired of these after a bit, right?


1. Name someone with the same birthday as you.

My younger son's girlfriend

2.Where was your first kiss?
In 7th grade- on the steps at my best friend's house. It was her older brother (9th grade)

3. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else’s property?
no, unless you count planning it in my dreams

4. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
Only my little brother when I was younger. Unless you count playful jabs on the arm.

5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people?
Plenty of times.

6. What’s the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Usually their eyes and their smile.

7. What really turns you on?
Someone who listens- who really listens!

8. What do you order at Starbucks?
Usually something that has so much cream, sugar, and flavoring in it that it doesn't taste like coffee. My favorite is the pumpkin spice latte they have in the fall.

9. What is your biggest mistake?
Hmm... that is a good one. I can't say  marrying the ex, because then I wouldn't have the kids. I can say allowing him to buy a way too expensive truck 3 months before he left-- with my name on the loan. If I had known he was cheating at the time, I would never have signed.

10. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
I do plenty of hurting myself on accident- why would I do it on purpose?

11. Say something totally random about yourself.
I really don't like pizza.

12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
No, I have never had anyone tell me that.

13. Do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows?
With an 11 year old in the house, are you kidding? Right now we're watching Suite life of Zach and Cody.

14. Did you have braces?
Yes- for 5 years!

15. Are you comfortable with your height?
I'm 5'8". I'm glad I'm not shorter- I'd just be fatter!

16. What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?
Wow- I can't really think of anything. I'm learning that I didn't have a really caring husband- Scott has done more for me as a friend than he ever did.

17. When do you know it’s love?
Good question- anyone have an answer?

18. Do you speak any other languages?
I would like to learn Spanish (so I can talk to my fellow Americans) but I'm not doing a good job of learning it!

19. Have you ever been to a tanning salon?

Not in the past 20 years.

20. What magazines do you read?
Reader's Digest

21. Have you ever ridden in a limo?
Yes, from the airport in Indianapolis to a hotel.

22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
My grandmother and my father.

23. Do you watch mtv?
You have to be kidding. Why would I watch that?

24. What’s something that really annoys you?
People who take up the entire aisle in a store with their cart on one side and them on the other- and then pretend like they don't see you.

25. What’s something you really like?
Exploring- adventures. Going and doing or seeing something I've never seen before.

26. Do you like Michael Jackson?
Not after the Thriller album.

27. Can you dance?
As long as no one watches. I have two left feet.

28. What’s the latest you have ever stayed up?
I was a camp counselor during the summers I was in college. Some nights we didn't go to bed.

29. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
No, but I rode in one with my (then) husband once..

30. Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?
Depends on how bored I am- and how much I really like the person.

37 comments:

  1. I am SO with you on this one!

    You know, I think I'm the bad girl out of this group. *sigh* I hit a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He threw me up against a locker because his latest 'girlfriend' said I was spreading rumors about him. *sigh* What a crock. So much for big jock football player looking so tough in front of all the guys. (I knocked him on his butt.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really mad. I wasn't mad that he threw me against the locker. I was mad because of his accusations. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Note to self: Try not to make Abby mad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Note to Dave: I wouldn't knock you on your butt. I'd be a little bit nicer than that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that's part of it. I'd mean REALLY mean and cry in front of you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting question/answer post. I'm guilty of a couple of these questions. I once burned Einstein's clothes after he posted a nude picture of me ... and, I did hit a man once ... only once.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to be tough enough to stand up to someone. I'm learning- but a long way from hitting them. It probably wouldn't hurt anyway.

    And Abby, that doesn't make you a bad girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, it makes you a strong girl who won't be pushed around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm 5'8" too. This is one of the better ones like this floating around here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. *rolling my eyes*

    I was SO mad that day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY! Someone else I can look in the eye without having to jump! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh...just give me some booze and I'm at least a foot taller than that. lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Doug, you can be in mine and Abby's 5'8" club!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Give me some booze and I'm about 4' shorter- passed out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me too! I like the hard stuff. I just can't have a lot of it. My limit these days is about two drinks. But by golly, I can shoot pool really well when I'm drunk! lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, keep me away from the hard stuff. The Irish in me comes out big time. Just give me a beer or two and I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I stick to wine these days. And then not much of that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, that stuff is goooood! Just don't keep it any longer than you need to. I always thought that booze never expired. That stuff gets kind of fowl after a while. You could strip the paint off the walls with just the scent of it alone.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That stuff is special ocassion-type stuff for me. I was best man in a buddy's wedding back in 2001 and they had seriously 50 bottles of wine at the reception. Nobody was drinking it so the wedding party thought it would be fun to see of we could drink as much of it as we could. Before the night was over with, I was staggering all over the place and carrying a bottle of wine in each hand. I looked like the poster boy for liver shrinkage that night.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I keep telling you that you need to try Bunrattys, since you like the sweet stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been in that condition, only we were playing kill the keg.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, THAT was what we did at a wedding a few months prior to THAT one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think I made my poster picture on tequila... I still can't smell the stuff without feeling sick.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Remember Purple Passion? That stuff smells the same thrown up. I dated a girl who drank that stuff like water. She always managed to throw up at every party we went to too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Uck.

    *whispers* I liked Everclear. That stuff WILL take the varnish off your dining room table. *oops*

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG! We were just having this conversation today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just did buy a bottle of Baileys. The kids put the groceries away and I've not been able to find it now. I think they hid it from me.

    ReplyDelete
  29. 1. Name someone with the same birthday as you?
    Mary Wright, a pizza hutt store manager. And an online date but cant remember her name.


    2.Where was your first kiss?
    My first passionate kiss was when I was a Jr in HS. Kissed my g/f under the stands at a football game.


    3. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else’s property?
    No


    4. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
    No way. That's not being a man at all.


    5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people?
    Nope, but I've sang in front of my shower tiles quite a few times...lol


    6. What’s the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
    Their eyes because its the window to their soul.


    7. What really turns you on?
    This is a good one. I think there has to be a little physical attraction (she's cute type of attraction) to generate a want to get to know her a little better. But what really turns me on is a great listener and conversation.


    8. What do you order at Starbucks?
    Don't like Starbucks but Panera Bread Co regular coffee is my fav. (specially with a blueberry bagel...to die for!!!)


    9. What is your biggest mistake?
    dumping an ex g/f...my heart ached so much after that...


    10. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
    No.


    11. Say something totally random about yourself.
    I enjoy a croud, but I do like my alone time too.


    12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
    At Tony & Tina's Wedding in Chicago (couple of my blogs ago!!!) the groom said I looked like Robert Klein.


    13. Do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows?
    If you count Tiger baseball a kiddy tv show then yes...lol


    14. Did you have braces?
    No


    15. Are you comfortable with your height?
    6 foot 1, yep I can reach the light bulb in the ceiling without a ladder...lol


    16. What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?
    This is easy - Pat cooked my fav meal, meatloaf, a few times....awesome.


    17. When do you know it’s love?
    Good question- anyone have an answer? (think I'll copy yours...lol)


    18. Do you speak any other languages?
    No

    19. Have you ever been to a tanning salon?
    Don't need to because I tan pretty well just from playing golf.


    20. What magazines do you read?
    Sports Illustrated (and not only the swimsuit edition either...lol)


    21. Have you ever ridden in a limo?
    That's how we all got to a party my ex's employer threw one time. He rented limo's. Do you know it actually had a bar in the back?


    22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
    My Mother and Father...


    23. Do you watch mtv?
    No way.


    24. What’s something that really annoys you?
    People that do rude things to others. Taking up space in an aisleway (like you mentioned) or someone on a cell phone while driving (and not paying attention) really bugs me too.


    25. What’s something you really like?
    Any live sporting event. Seeing something for the first time (taking a trip and seeing a lighthouse for the first time.) Spending time with my grandchildren and watching them play softball, football, soccer, etc.


    26. Do you like Michael Jackson?
    Not really no.


    27. Can you dance?
    I can waltz you around the dance floor with the best of them.

    28. What’s the latest you have ever stayed up?
    I attended a New Year's Eve celebration and we stayed up all night long...whooo hooooo!!!


    29. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
    Never been in one before...


    30. Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?
    Yes. Its a very easy way to get to know a person.

    ReplyDelete