Thursday, May 1, 2008

Picture Perfect Friday- Magical


When I first saw the theme for this week, I thought of my trip to Montana last summer. The entire trip was magical! We flew into Rapid City, SD and rented a car to drive to see Crazy Horse and Mt. Rushmore. Both sites are magical, when you realize that man is conquering nature to carve images into stone. Then we went
to Devil's Tower, WY (which if you don't know is the mountain from Close Encounters of the Third Kind), a magical God-created structure unlike anything else in this world! Then it was on to the Crow Agency, MT and the LIttle Bighorn battlefield. To me it is magical to see the soil where a battle was fought and courageous men died for a crazy, unworthwhile (in my opinion) cause. Then we went on to the Blackfeet Indian Reservation and spent a magical week working on one of the poorest reservations in the country. Most magical of all was the trip to Glacier National Park. Majestic mountains rise above green waters in the most beautiful country I have ever seen! I had so many pictures to choose from.... then I found this one: (taken with my Pentax Optio555 digital camera)

This is right outside Mt. Rushmore- and I took it because of the trees growing on the rock. It is so magical to me to see that life clings to every little crevasse. I know these will not get to be large trees (the roots have nowhere to go) but the fact that they even exist in such extreme conditions makes me believe in the magic of life!

Welcome to

Picture Perfect

~ Each week a theme will be posted up on Thursday, and you are invited to put up your best picture with that theme in mind, it should be just

 ONE and ORIGINAL,

 i.e not off the internet,

Then come back and post a comment on this page
so that everyone can link to your blog and see your pic.

By all means mention your camera and lens used, and if the picture has been altered or enhanced in anyway! Out of the box thinking is encouraged!!

Please open your page for viewing for all for that day...and then visit as many others as you can! Try and post a decent size pic on your blog page, so much is lost if the pic is too small or too big.

The entries will close at midnight on Friday

oOo

 

The theme this week will be

 'Magical'






10 comments: