Friday, May 15, 2009

Picture Perfect- Busy

I had a hard time choosing a picture this week! I had lots to choose from- my son, the fireman, doing his job, the blacksmith we saw at the Biltmore House, the controls of a battleship where sailors look very busy... but I settled on this one:



This girl is my niece. Two years ago, she and her family were in a horrific crash (drunk driver going the wrong way) that killed her stepmother and left her and her father (my brother) in wheelchairs with multiple injuries. Well, you're not going to keep a 5 year old still long! She wanted to sit at the table and color and draw with my son. They're very busy kids!

And before you ask, she is doing great! Except for surgical scars on an arm and a leg, you would never know anything happened to her. My brother is doing fine, too, although it is harder to heal at 40 than at 5!

P I C T U R E  P E R F E C T

...oOo...

 Each week a new theme will be posted here on Friday morningYou are invited to put up your best picture on your own blog with that theme in mind, and you do have the whole weekend to post your picture, so there is no rush

Remember it should be just  ONE and ORIGINAL, taken by YOU,and not off the internet,

Then come back and leave a comment on this page in the comment box so that everyone can link to your blog and see your photo. Don't forget to OPEN your page to EVERYONE for that day.

By all means mention your camera and lens used, and if the picture has been altered or enhanced in any way, so we can all learn and improve our techniques.

Try and post a decent size picture on your blog page for an increased WOW factor. Often so much is lost or distorted if the size is too big or too small.

Remember this is NOT a competition, this about being creative having fun and being supportive of one another.

Out of the box thinking is encouraged.

~ Have FUN out there! ~

...oOo...

 

The theme this week is

BUSY

30 comments:

  1. That's great! I'm so happy they are doing well!

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad both are fine.... Yes u can't keep kids quiet for long...thanks for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good choice, Janeen. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice picture and very nice story,thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great story of courage. Relieved to hear they are both doing well now. So sad they had to go through such an ordeal. When will people learn how dangerous drinking and diving is? Inner peace.

    Click here for my entry

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great photo! I'm sorry to jear about her step-mom and your brother and niece getting injured. She certainly looks happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For another reason, I have found that being closer to 70 than 17 slows healing. May God bless this child for the lessons she's showing those of us who might consider slowing down. May we remain as busy as she is.
    http://recipecollecting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picture of a resilient, busy little girl. Glad to hear that both she and your brother have recovered.

    Here's my Busy Project

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe it was sweet of your son to keep her busy with painting!

    Empress C's PP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. its nice to kno that ur niece can still have a smile after such a traumatic experience. nice pp

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a tragedy, I detest people who drink and drive that is why I am a member of MADD (mothers against drunk drivers) I am so glad they are doing well , she is a sweetie, beautiful photo for busy !!!

    http://sharonl344.multiply.com/journal/item/247/Picture_Perfect_Busy_

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a needless tragedy. I have no patience with people who drink and drive. I hope they tossed the guy in jail and threw away the key.

    Wonderful picture.

    http://karen21445.multiply.com/journal/item/346/Picture_Perfect_-_BUSY

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very inspiring girl... Glad to know they're doing well now...

    Here's my BUSY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Actually, the guy died about 6 hours after the crash. AND had no insurance. They're still dealing with the financial fallout of this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. He's a good boy- majoring in elementary ed in college. He loves kids!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome!! What a little survivor!!

    Ok.. my first thought.. was to fall in love with your bookcases!!! I wanted to see what you read!! lol..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great take, and thanks for the visit

    ReplyDelete