Thursday, February 21, 2008

Skiing



We had the best trip today! Planned months ago, Scott agreed to teach Savannah to ski. I hadn't been in over 20 years myself and had a lot to remember. Someone told me that it was like riding a bike, and it was- I remembered most of what to do. I did fall the first time down the big hill, but by the end of the day I was flying!

Savannah did great. Her first trip down the bunny slope she was gone. She did have to learn to turn and snowplow and stop before we'd let her on the chair lift.  This girl is  unstoppable! She skiied the entire time (we went for a 1/2 day, so that is 4 hours) and never wanted to take a break. She didn't even want to leave!

This was a great hookie day! If you haven't just taken a day for no reason, other than to just dump responsibilities and  go have some fun, I recommend doing it at least once a year. I am so refreshed and ready to come home and get back to it! You can see the pictures (what I took- it is hard to take pictures skiing with everything going on) in my picture section.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you all had a great time! A day spent skiing is not a wasted day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. Catherine is dying to go..so I feel al hookie day coming up soon myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing time you had huh? There's no way you would catch me on a pair of ski's. But ice skates? I can go all day...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was too fun! But I am too sore today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun. I'd be scared I'd break a leg. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't break anything, but I'm still sore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so so happy you guys had such a wonderful time. She is glowing in that pic. This will be something she remembers forever!

    ReplyDelete