Saturday, April 21, 2007

Happy Thoughts

The grass is cut- and I did it all by myself! Got the mower battery charged and have a pretty lawn. Well, it would look nicer if I knew how to sharpen the blades, but oh well- it is so much better than when I started! Got the flower beds weeded and planted some tomato plants and a couple of other things. Somehow it now feels like spring. I know it was 80 here today and it felt more like summer, but there is something about planting and making the house pretty from the outside that feels like an awakening. Like the gray winter is over and it can be a glorious spring!

So I'm thinking happy thoughts today. Counting my blessings, and trying to pay attention to God, and what He wants me to do. I feel more of a peace with my life right now, like I know things are going to be fine, and I'll let Him take over my worries.

I say that knowing that Jewel is at the hospital with her 10 year old, who was hit by a car walking home from school on Friday. Maybe I can be so calm because I am so blessed. I feel bad for her, and feel like I'm so far away that I can't help her at all- other than pray of course. So help me pray for her and her son (and prayers for her daughter and granddaughter, too) that she can stay strong and healthy. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment