Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lord of the Small

Praise to the Lord of the small, broken things,
Who sees the poor sparrow that cannot take wing,
Who loves the lame child, and the wretch in the street,
Who comforts their sorrows and washes their feet.

Praise to the Lord of the faint and afraid,
Who girds them with courage and lends them His aid;
He pours out His Spirit on vessels so weak
That the timid can serve and the silent can speak.

Praise to the Lord of the frail and the ill,
Who heals their afflictions, or carries them till
They leave this tired frame and to paradise fly,
To never be sick and never to die.

Praise Him, O praise Him all ye who yet live,
Who've been given so much and can so little give,
Our frail, lisping praise God will never despise:
He sees His dear children through mercy-filled eyes.

~Dan Forrest


This is a choir anthem for Sunday- the words really moved me, and I just had to share them!

12 comments:

  1. This really is quite moving, despite me being a non-believer. Being in nursing, I've watched many elderly patients pass away, and the comfort their religion has given them has been of such benefit to both them and their families... I might not hold with it myself, but I'd never want to take that away from them. It's quite a wonderful thing to experience, while caring for them in their last days.

    *Hugs Momma* I've missed you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely poem/song, and well written too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could hear your choir sing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh Janeen how so very beautiful!
    Thank you so for this!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete