Saturday, October 9, 2010

Have you ever?

Savannah had an away volleyball game yesterday (they won) but coming home was a challenge. They're resurfacing I-40 and working on some of the bridges, so it hasn't been a fun road to travel all year. Yesterday coming back we came upon the resurfacing crew, so I jumped off the interstate and took the back roads home.

In Maiden, we came upon a fireman diverting traffic through town, I assumed because of an accident, but couldn't see what happened. As we came around the back side of the detour, this is what I saw....



I don't know how a truck runs into itself, but I'm guessing someone didn't know what they were doing when they hooked them together! Just this morning I saw a landscaper towing a (thankfully empty) trailer lose the trailer off the back of his truck. You're supposed to use safety chains on those things but apparently he didn't know that. Thankfully, he was turning and the trailer went off into an empty parking lot.

Now I'm wondering if the universe is trying to tell me something about connectedness....


14 comments:

  1. nice shot there !
    lol @ I don't know how a truck runs into itself

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty much what it looked like, anyway. Actually, it looks like the coupling between the two trailers gave way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh! Bizarre. My guess would be someone loaded the truck wrong or something. I like that you're taking a message from it, though. So are you going to endeavor to make sure you're connecting properly, now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking coupling....but I can't think of anything pithy to say about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear, I-40 must always be under construction. I got caught outside of Cherokee once for hours...ugh.

    That is really a strange thing --- a truck running into itself. If the load shifted inside, it could happen. Just glad you weren't nearby when it happened. I wonder what the Universe is telling you? Avoid broadening your load? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would hate to explain that to the insurance company. I was i-40 this summer from Oklahoma to NC. They were resurfacing everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, I agree. Either that or a huge sink hole suddenly opened under the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't think about it having to do with the load. I guess it could have been too heavy toward the insides of the two trailers?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems that I-40 is under perpetual construction. It was closed for what seemed like forever in western NC last year because of rock slides. Now that it is open, they have to work on a different part.

    And I'm sure the universe is mentioning my broad load....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought for a minute that something fell on it. Started looking at the power poles surrounding it and finally decided that somehow it just caved in on itself. I'd love to hear the explanation, though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm... didn't think about a sink hole either. Of course, I didn't see one...

    ReplyDelete