Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Great Ornament Exchange Returns

If you missed it last year, The Great Ornament Exchange is back for year two! Actually, I have already had two people ask me about it on Facebook- they're in!

In case you're new to my page (or weren't paying attention last year) here's how it works. Send me a pm stating you want to be part of the exchange. Around the end of October, I'll pm everyone who is participating with everyone's address. You make, buy, or re-purpose a Christmas ornament to every person on the list. (If the list gets too big, we'll talk about what to do so we're not sending out a crazy number of ornaments!) Last year, I think we had 8 people, so that meant you were mailing out 7 ornaments (because you don't send one to yourself!)

These pictures are some of the actual ornaments I received!


This was a lot of fun and I got some things that I would never have had otherwise. Some were wonderfully handmade and others were just cute store-bought items. The ornament didn't seem to matter as much as the connection with the person sending it. I got so excited just going to check the mailbox! Since some were my friends and some were friends of my friends, there were people on the list I didn't know well, but now I feel like I do!


So again, if you want to join, pm me your address. I'll only share it with those in the exchange
.

22 comments:

  1. You've already got mine!! I was thinking of this just yesterday. Great minds eh? But then I promptly forgot. Thanks for remembering. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a terrific idea! My tree is full of ornaments, and I mean FULL. However, it is great, so let me think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Eby, just trade out some of those ornaments for some different ones, then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny- I was thinking about this Sunday when Bill pinged me on FB to ask about it. He must have been talking to Leece too, because she popped in later with the same question- "Are we doing it again this year?" I can't believe everyone is thinking about Christmas already, but I guess it is about time to. With it still being in the 90's here (which is really late for that kind of weather) I can't think about fall, much less Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep...you know I'm in!

    And just for the record....I WAS NOT thinking of Christmas all ready! lol. Like you, I really enjoyed doing this and it made me so excited to look in the mail for something other than bills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Already decided I'm NOT doing it again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking about whether or not I want to make ornaments this year or not. Naturally I can't decide. I always have high hopes and then run out of time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The ornaments you did last year is enough for double duty! They were beautiful and you took so much time with each one. I loved mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I might crochet some! Now you guys are getting me thinking.... stop. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to do it but I need to think on it a bit. Not sure I'll have the money.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's where I am standing. Nor am I sure if I have the time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me either...I guess by the time the time the decision has to be made, we can decide then.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A couple of the ones I sent last year were flat ornaments that would fit in an envelope. Not too hard to ship. Then there were some others...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll miss you Sue- but the one I have of yours I'll always treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Not sure..how many people participating?

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like a lot of fun, although I think I mentioned last year that as a Buddhist I don't really celebrate X-Mas, but it sounds like a lovely idea! Have fun you guys ~

    ReplyDelete
  17. So far we have 4 people- which is good by me! Anyone else who wants to join should send me a pm with your address. I'll get the addys out by pm in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete