Saturday, September 8, 2007

What I Want

I am learning a lot about me. The single me. The 40 year old single me, as opposed to the 20 year old single me from 20 years ago. I am much more mature now, but I'm learning I still have some of that kid in me. There's a part of me that remembers that instant-gratification time of life, where you just rolled with the punches and if you ended up at the beach on a whim, oh well, you enjoyed it!

If you haven't followed the Leah/Ryan one-up-this-prank this week, you have missed a treat! I haven't laughed so hard at anyone's antics since college, and it reminded me that there is a lot of life left to live. I want that- friends who are good enough friends to prank and play and laugh and still be friends in the end. I am happy to call these two my friends, although they are far enough away that I'm hopefully out of the line of fire! LOL! What I want is to get on with life! Go to book club and have too many glasses of wine! Direct the Community Chorus and leave with a smile on my face! Come home from work and have the desire and energy to work out every day. And then if I'm lucky, meet the person that I know God has waiting somewhere for me. The right one this time! But until then I want to be the best me I can be- and have some fun doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment