Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tuesday 10- Present and Accounted For

1. Whew- I didn't realize it had been so long since I'd posted anything!


2. Life is busy! The girl did so well at volleyball. Her team ended up being 5th in the south. They beat teams from Northern Michigan, Texas, Virginia, Tennessee, and Florida.

3. Things may be a bit calmer for a few weeks without volleyball every weekend and two nights a week!

4. I'm ready... they can calm down at any time!

5. Actually, it's already been nice. I went to a friend's house on Saturday and we grilled hamburgers and sat in the hot tub. Just relaxing!

6. Yesterday I took Savannah and a friend to the US Whitewater Center. This is a really neat place. It was built to use as an Olympic training center but they do way more there. You can use a raft, kayak, zip line, ropes course, rock wall, and all sorts of other things. It is a great place to just sit on the deck and watch other people do that stuff, too!


7. I just watched. It sounded like fun, but I didn't have the energy for free falls and zip lines. My book and I had a good time!

8. I'm at work today and things are pretty slow. Actually, I'm waiting on other people to do their work so I can do mine!

9. We have sets to paint tonight for children's worship on Sunday. Last week we did a big Easter mystery (complete with a visit from the Easter bunny!) and now we'll start on our Super Sports Spectacular and learn how to train to be an Olympic Christian! Sounds like fun to me!

10. So hopefully I'll do more than pop in here and read and pop out. I know I've left a few comments, but not much. Y'all have a great Tuesday out there, ya hear?

17 comments:

  1. I like how you dealt with the Whitewater Center's hyperactive denizens - with a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, hamburgers and jacuzzis , a nice life.....i love me some grilled hamburgers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that it is spring! I love to be outside!

    And Bill, I'd be the most in-shape person I know if reading books were a workout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to see you pop in....
    my step daughter in law did the Spartan Race there at the Whitewater Center a couple of weeks ago, sounds like an awesome place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you more than pop in from time to otime ... life is busy ... you are missed when busy with life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No.8 - don't ya just hate that?

    Good to see you posting, Dishy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great thoughts. That's real exciting about the volleyball team. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes you have been missed Jan. Great to have you back. That hot tub sounds very appealing to me. I have never had that experience. If I lived in the States, I would definitely have a hot tub and I'd be in it a lot. Back to my bucket of warm water ............

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay. I was tired when I got home but now I'm exhausted! You've been so busy! The sports spectacular sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always great to see you here and on FB!! I love to see how busy you are and all the fun you have!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew you were around----but I can see why you're too busy to post!! I remember those days. We didn't have a computer, so that wasn't even an issue. But it would have been hard to find time.

    Savannah is having a ball (ha) and this is making memories for her. Can't get much better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's ok that you haven't posted in a while. We all get busy, and sometimes being around family and friends is more important, and it sounds like you've been having a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad you all didn't give up on me! I do miss my friends when I'm not here!

    Mo, there's something going on there all the time! Good thing is, it is free to watch!

    Dave, yes, I do hate it when I have to wait on someone else- because there's usually someone waiting on me, too. Makes me feel like I'm holding them up!

    Volleyball was really fun this year! This team won the state regionals and did incredibly well at the semi-nationals. More than that, there wasn't a diva on the team, not much drama (which is unheard of with 8 15-year-old girls!) and everyone stayed healthy.

    Dai, I do read most of your posts. I enjoy keeping up with your life half-way around the world. It sure is different from life here! It also makes me really appreciate the things I take for granted every day.

    Susan, go sleep! Ha- I know you're busy too. Don't know how you find time for work and dolls and family, too!

    Thanks Karen!

    Thanks Jim- I've been reading your posts, too! (I see where Zeebers gets it from...)

    You're right Kat- making memories with my girl is the best. These years won't last.

    I have had a fun time Dave. You'll get there too with your little one! She'll be 15 before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You get some rest, too! lol! I'd be sleeping more but my allergies are going insane right now. I usually don't have that problem until AFTER April. Silly plants woke up early!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes they did. This is the first year in several years that I've had to take my allegra for more than a week. Usually it isn't so bad. But there's such a film on everything right now- the pool has a yellow ring around it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have centers in England called "Go Ape!" which sound very similar. A few of us from work went one time and I had a BLAST! The zip lines were awesome, I absolutely loved them to bits! And climbing nets 30 feet off the ground, etc etc. Of course, I was a few years younger then - I don't think my arthritic hands and my constantly aching back would stand it now, lol!

    You're a busy lady Janeen, and it's always fun catching up with what you and yours have been up to. :)

    ReplyDelete