Friday, April 27, 2012

Gingrich shares lessons from a life in politics with students

http://www.lincolntimesnews.com/?p=51202&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=gingrich-shares-lessons-from-a-life-in-politics-with-students
Despite what your personal beliefs are, this was a wonderful visit by Newt Gingrich to my daughter's school on Wednesday. He didn't speak about politics, but encouraged the students to learn something every day, dream big, and be true to themselves. I applaud Newt, who had canceled his NC tour last week, for re-thinking his visit to our town for the morning. I hope our kids learned something...

4 comments:

  1. Is Savannah in the audience? I'll watch it later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually I voted for him in my Primary. Other than the serial divorce/marrying thing, he is an intelligent and sensitive man, played very well during the primary debate process, and authors the series of books I am currently reading that I mentioned earlier this week. How great the kids could meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not too terribly fond of Newt...but I can always give him a chance and listen to him. Mostly, from a political standpoint, I think he's just goofy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting to meet famous people Jan. I don't know too much about the workings of US politics but Newt is forever on the BBC or CNN etc. A few months ago I saw Wen Jiabao and I had always thought him to be one of the more moderates in the Chinese Government. So it was exciting when he went past my office.

    ReplyDelete