Monday, March 28, 2011

I'm alive.... and my A, B, C's

I know I've been MIA far too long. I do miss being here a lot, but I started working full time three weeks ago. I haven't worked a 40 hour week in over 11 years. It is taking some getting-used to! It hasn't been too bad, but it leaves me less free time. (read: less computer time!) Coupled with an intense volleyball season by the the girl, and I have no free time at all! We're leaving for Atlanta on Thursday night for the last one, thank goodness. I've enjoyed it but will be happy to see the season end. Then in just over two weeks, we leave for Italy! I think right now I'm too tired to be excited, but I know that will change as we get ready to leave. Don't worry, I bought extra cards for my camera and will pack plenty of batteries!

I'll leave you tonight with more about me... ABC style!

A: Age - 44

B: Bed size - King sized, just for me. And yes, I sleep in the middle!

C: Chinese food dish - sesame ginger chicken

D: Dentist name - Hatchett (unfortunate name, huh? But he's a good dentist!)

E: Early bird or night owl - neither? I like going to bed early and sleeping late!

F: Favorite color - green. Unless you're talking flowers, then I like pink!

G: Gold or silver - gold

H: Height - 5'8"

I: Ink - blue medium point gel... oh, if you mean tattoos, I have none.

J: Jellybean - popcorn! (Don't eat too many!)

K: Kitchen meal or restaurant - both, depending on who is doing the dishes!

L: Living arrangements -  home in country (well, it used to be country, now is becoming suburban) with daughter, two step-sons, a dog, and my niece two nights a week usually.

M: Month of birth - October

N: Nicknames - Mom, Aunt NeeNeen

O: On time or late - on time if not early. I hate being late!

P: Pet peeve - coming home to a dirty kitchen after I left it clean!

Q: Quote from a movie - "Death cannot stop true love... all it can do is delay it for awhile." (see if you can guess before I tell you - and not you Kat, I know you'll get it!)

R: Right or left-handed - Right 

S: Siblings - one brother; three step sisters

T: Time you wake up -  6:30am weekdays, just depends on what is going on for Saturday; 8am on Sunday.

U: Urgent thing on your to-do list: Go to the bank for some euros; buy other things we'll need on our trip.

V: Vegetable you dislike: turnips

W: Wishing for - greater faith and more trust in God;

X: X-rays you've had - teeth; ankle

Y: Yummy food you make - baked beans, spring rolls, spaghetti

Z: Zoo favorite - sea lions

42 comments:

  1. creative post..
    have fun in Italy...my deceased husband was from Palermo.
    Stay safe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're doing fine! It was rainy and flooding last time I heard, so VERY glad you've just been really busy!! I hope you enjoy your upcoming trip to Italy!!! Have lots of fun, and I look forward to lots of pictures when you get back!! Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the Italy trip is coming soon... awesome! and don't worry about computer time.... you'll always find us here or there.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Terra! I don't have a detailed itinerary yet but I don't think Palermo is on the list. One week isn't near enough time to see everything so we just get to hit the highlights!

    Karen, it is still raining. No flooding though. But highs yesterday and today didn't get out of the 40's! I'm so ready for spring, especially after it was in the 80s here last week!

    I know Mo... I have been reading and commenting here and there. It just seems like I've been too tired to post anything for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I forgot you'll be leaving for Italy soon! Yikes! I'm glad you're all right. I forgot to ask if Savannah's team won that last game.

    I can't wait to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They placed 5th out of 18 teams at the state tournament this weekend. Not too bad! (And unless you win it all, you always lose the last game!) Anyway, this weekend is the national tourney then we're done. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even think of teeth for the x-ray answer, I've had those too........Wow - Italy..........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you started a new job!!! I hope that is good for you....I will pray for your strength & energy.....

    Dr. Hatchett??? Yes, a very unfortunate name, but kind of funny, when you think about it ~

    :)

    Lovely to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It isn't really a new job. I work in a church office and I've been working 30 hours a week. The work load is too much for that and they finally decided to make me full time. So it is the same job, just longer hours.

    I'm in awe of Italy, too. My daughter really wanted to go on this school sponsored trip and there's no way we could afford it. So we both worked fundraisers, sold things, and my mother paid for the rest as Christmas/Birthday presents for about the next 10 years (lol).

    ReplyDelete
  10. laughing @ "Q"...I knew it before I finished reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that- I also love where the priest says "twue wuv is whut bwings us togebber todey!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I learned quite a few things about you here!

    And....I have NO clue what movie that is from! Please, enlighten me!

    Italy? I am SO envious! I will have to live vicariously through your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leece, it is "The Princess Bride." There are so many good quotes from that movie that I could list them for days! That's my favorite though. Close second is "as you wish" which is what Westley keeps saying to Buttercup, who is his true love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Let me sum up": http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093779/quotes
    haha...I had to see if someone else was as nutty as we were. There's a whole website of sayings!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never seen the Princess Bride, so no wonder I hadn't any clue!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This link will be fun! I'll get to it later.

    I like the one where they're rhyming and driving Vizzini crazy and he says "no more rhymes now, I mean it" and Fezzik says "anybody want a peanut?"

    ReplyDelete
  17. You really should see it at least once! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW Popcorn flavored Jelly Beans, never heard of them..gotta have some! Great to hear from you. Safe journey....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was wondering whered youd gotten to! I so agree with P for Pet peeve! Nice to know more about you Janeen. To Italy wow how wonderful is that. Italy has such wonderful eats! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't think that word means what you think it means!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How can you dislike turnips? *shocked* lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like turnip greens, just not the root. I don't like radishes, either.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I so love that movie. I've been wanting to get the dvd for years. I should have known the quote was from that movie. What about when Billy Crystal's character starts to talk about cooking mutton? - that was funny.

    "I'm Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die."

    ReplyDelete
  24. Do those jelly beans make your poot smell like popcorn if you eat too much?

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's one of the most awesome movies EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How did i miss this? I learned more about you in a few moments than the rest of the time put together almost =) LOL Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Me either. I want to...they look so cute and all...but I just don't.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I know what you mean- they're so colorful I'd like to have them in my salad- but then I bite into one and have to pick the rest out!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow... .you agreed with me on something!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your answers! Your answer to Ink was awesome! I think I will borrow it and post it. (-:
    And congrats on your new job!
    *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  31. Italy... I'm envious as anything! I hope the weather is glorious for you Janeen. :)

    As for turnips and radishes - I love them both! We had bacon for breakfast, with scrambled egg that had sliced radish fried in it. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  32. It was interesting reading through these Jan. I may do it but only after I have tackled the pile of outstanding paperwork

    ReplyDelete
  33. So Tony, that will be sometime 6 years from now? You seem to always have a pile of outstanding paperwork!

    ReplyDelete
  34. iT'S BECAUSE we are always far too busy to do the paperwork in office hours so I catch up at night.

    ReplyDelete