Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ten Thoughts for Wednesday

1- Yes, I am all messed up on what day of the week it is! That's what happens when you have Monday off... Tuesday becomes Monday!

2- I woke up this morning with the feeling that something is wrong. Maybe it is a leftover vibe from a dream. I went to bed last night with everything ok. No messages on the phone...

3- I've been very MIA, although I have tried to read most blogs. The weather here has been in the 80's for the past 5 days. I got the pool opened and yesterday, got IN! Yes! The water is already in the 70's. Last day of warm weather today before it cools back off to normal, so you may not hear much from me tonight either.

4. I also cut the grass for the first time this year. Saturday, I put 85 lbs of fertilizer on and Monday I mowed. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I'll probably be mowing grass again really soon.

5- I have a lot of new plants to plant. Someone gave me some flowering almond bushes and a couple of flowering apricot trees. I just have to figure out the best place to put them in the yard.

6- I want to build a deck around one side of the pool. One guy gave me an estimate of $9500! Yikes! I won't be building it for that, I can tell you! I want to see what this second guy says. I'm holding on to my tax refund just for this. If it doesn't work, Chris says he'll pay for it if he gets this new job.

7- Chris has a chance at a job in Iraq- as a contractor. It pays incredible in tax-free money! He's so excited, I hope he gets it. It is Iraq- so I hope he doesn't get it. I guess whichever way it goes it will be right.

8- I need to start blogging my Bible study again. I quit when the Beth Moore study I was doing got very intense. Now that it is over I have no excuse. Back to daily blogging.

9- I need breakfast- maybe I'll get me an egg mcmuffin on the way to work this morning.

10- I'd better go if I'm going by McD's- or I'll be late to work. See you later!

12 comments:

  1. $9500 for a deck? damn...seems a little high. Especially for one side...Egg McMuffin sounds really good right now. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. decks are nice, but a lot of yearly maintenance...... then again so is all outdoor work.....
    the weather has been spectacular.... can't believe you are in the pool already.... ;-)

    I'd be worried about Iraq too.... sigh.....

    have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your Tuesday was good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY! Did you do all that hard work in the gym to ruin it by eating at McD's. HUH?!!?

    No need to keep up the heavy blogging while you can be doing more productive things. I say come where when you feel like it, not out of duty.

    (do I sound like your coach or what?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooooooly moly that's a lot of money for a deck! Granted, ours probably isn't what you're looking for, but it cost a lot less than that. However, if we figured in all the time and effort it took? Hm, nope. Still can't get to $9500. :) Good luck!

    I'm glad you're enjoying your spring-ish weather! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got the pool opened? I'm on the way down there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is a lot high for a deck, Kat. This guy is Scott's roommate who is a commercial contractor. Hopefully that is the price they quote businesses, not real people!

    I love working outside, Mo- and the weather is gorgeous! I haven't been in the pool yet- too cold for me, but kids don't feel cold!

    Well they're not bushes right now, Abby. More like a stick with a pink pompom on top. Kinda reminds me of a Charlie Brown Christmas tree!

    Tuesday was good Sandy! The weather is so beautiful here- it hit 90 yesterday which ties a record high set in 1929 (guess they had global warming back then, too!) and I stayed outside most of the afternoon. Cooling back off to normal tomorrow!

    And Steve, I'll have you know that an Egg McMuffin is 350 calories- well within my range for breakfast! I passed on the hashbrown, too!

    Yeah Kippy, I think that price sounds really high, too. I'm going to get an estimate from my good-old-boy handyman tomorrow. I hope it is more in my price range!

    Come on Bill! I'd say the water's fine, but it's still too cold for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's one of my biggest pet peeves, Janeen, that huge jacking up of prices. I fully understand people need to make a living and be paid for their time and expertise, but that is just plain taking advantage and it makes me angry! I see it in the graphic design world, too. What some of these people charge for their time ... SHEESH! Of course .. this is why I will also never be filthy rich. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You may not be rich, Kippy, but you can sleep at night! And you have more friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. *laugh* True enough. And anyway, I'm rich in more important ways. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a lot of money for a deck.
    I know there is a lot figured into the price. The height of the pool, width of pool. But come on, 9500 dollars, rather pricey.

    Won't be long before it will be warm enough for you to go swimming.

    ReplyDelete