Thursday, July 19, 2007

Entry for July 20, 2007

OK I guess if I am going to harass other people to update their blogs then I'd better, too!

I am really having a great day! Savannah came home from camp and seems way more grown up! She has always been my girl and has never been away from me for this long, but it seems to have helped her be more independent. I'm glad (ok, and a little sad) to see her grow. I know she has 8 years left before she goes to college and those 8 years are going to pass so quickly.

What is the first thing she wanted to do? Go to McDonalds! They were fed so good at camp that I thought she wouldn't want to eat for a week, but not her! Skinny thing had to have ice cream! Then she and her friend sang camp songs in the back seat all the way home. An hour and a half of songs! I forgot how fun camp songs were! They sang some I didn't know- the cutest was:

There are no bananas in the sky, in the sky.
There are no bananas in the sky, in the sky,
There's a sun and a moon and a coconut cream pie,
But there are no bananas in the sky, in the sky.

I'm sure I'll hear more of them through the week. I'm just glad that she had fun and made friends and hiked and camped and built bonfires and did all sorts of fun things. She is crashed out now and it isn't even 9pm yet! I love that girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment